personal & professional highlights include:
- meeting the lovely Julie Andrews with our daughters. still in awe that she was in Saint Paul...at our favorite children's bookstore - The Red Balloon Bookshop. she was so gracious in talking with the girls. very surreal, pinch me. still in awe that she took with her my bouquet of white peonies, ranunculus, lilacs & scented geranium...i can still see her lovely smile & will forever remember her delightful British accent.
- planning & designing the summer gardens and floralscape for one of my very favorite homes on Summit Avenue...
- designing florals regularly for CorePower Yoga...bringing yoga back into my life has been a beautiful thing. it is more than just an hour "away" each time, it is a way of life.
- featured posts in MN Bride magazine:
A Day in Provence boutonnieres highlighted in #'s 2, 4 and 9...
our featured flower wedding in MN Bride: David Ta & his darling bride,Wing of Canary Grey Photography
- and a national feature in Town & Country Weddings magazine!! featuring Anne & Noah's beautiful wedding at the James J Hill Library in Saint Paul.
- becoming part of the Independent Wedding Association...a group of wedding artisans who truly are passionate about the industry and what they do. we are creative, detail-oriented and love to collaborate with each other to provide you with a unique, personal and top notch service. check out the upcoming fair at Hotel Ivy in February. you will not be disappointed!
- continued collaboration with talented vendors...we LOVE creating and providing you with wedding and party inspiration! this Old Hollywood Glamour shoot was the brainchild of Amy Majors Photography. we were lucky enough to work closely with Cocoa & Fig and A Milestone Paper Co.
this inspiration shoot was featured on the Wedding Chicks blog an Inspire a Bride!
Chow Girls Catering & the peppermint and almond caramel cake pops from Cocoa & Fig. a lovely evening of inspiring & promoting each other. what beautiful handcrafted items. i am still remembering how magical that evening was.
this year has been a wonderful journey. i am thankful to my clients, friends, family & vendors who continue to encourage me & inspire me along the way.
and to all of my beautiful brides, thank you! the best part of what i do is the moment you see your bouquet...thank you for giving me the creative freedom to design for you what is hopefully that something perfect and everything above & beyond what you dreamed of. more to come soon about our weddings from 2011!
here's wishing you peace, happiness, good health & lots of travel adventures (big or small!) in 2012. and, here's to being mindful about taking some time each day to just breathe and to also soak up all of the beautiful things life has to offer.